Sleep deprivation IS a known form of torture. Women suffer more than men because of our hormones, so the sooner we get in tune with it the better.
Poor sleep causes cortisol levels to remain high as well and are responsible for sugar and carb cravings… Biochemistry has a lot to answer for doesn’t it.
Some hot tips are to
- Meditate for 20 minutes in bed before you go to sleep
- Meditate when you wake up at 2.30 and see if that helps you drop off again
- Do some yoga for sleep before bed
- Turn your electronics off half an hour before bed – the blue light stops the production of melatonin.I couldn’t believe it when I found out that. These blue lights do that plus even if you fall asleep, the blue light interferes with you going through all the sleep cycles – especially the one of memory consolidation…
- Get up at the same time every day
Hmmm lots to think about
How good are you at getting your zzzzs?